Dark underarms are a common problem and is caused by excessive use of products, shaving, lack of exfoliation, genes etc. here are certain parts of our body where skin sensitivity is high and one such part is “under-arm area” Natural home remedies certainly work better and are cheaper than any commercially available armpit whitening product. Below are some easy ways you could use baking soda and coconut oil to whiten underarms along with its benefits:
- Coconut oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal that keeps odor-causing bacteria at bay, thus keeping your underarms fresh.
- Baking soda has great skin exfoliating properties that helps scrape off the top dead skin layer revealing new lighter skin.
- Baking soda is an excellent scrubber and it will help you in getting rid of dark dead skin cells. Not just this, using baking soda regularly will also control body odor.
- Baking soda and coconut oil exterminates bacteria and germs to provide odor free and whitened underarms.
WAYS TO USE BAKING SODA AND COCONUT OIL TOO GET RID OF DARK UNDERARMS:
Scrub: In a bowl, mix together baking soda and coconut oil to make a paste. Wash your underarms to get rid of sweat and apply the paste on it. Begin massaging gently and with light hands and do this for few minutes. Rinse it off and wash off the oil residue with soapy water. Pat dry.
Mask: In a bowl, mix together baking soda and coconut oil. Make a thick paste. Also, add in honey and few drops peppermint essential oil or turmeric essential oil. Wash your underarms to get rid of sweat and apply the thick mask on it and let it sit for 15 minutes. Massage for few minutes after 15 minutes and wash it off. Pat dry.
- If you have sensitive skin and are allergic to any essential oils or if you are pregnant, consult your doctor before using any essential oils on skin.
- Always patch test before use.