Dark circles and puffy eyes are a common problem these days thanks to everything being computerized, lack of sleep, genes, stress etc. Dark circles not only look ugly but also give your face a tired look 24/7! Turmeric is a well-known Indian spice also known for its lightening properties and hence, has been used in many skin care products. Turmeric can be effectively used to reduce dark circles and below is how you could do it along with its benefits:
- Since turmeric has lightening and brightening properties, it can be used to lighten the skin around the eyes to reduce dark circles as well as fine lines.
- Because turmeric contain enzymes that lightens the skin pigmentation, it evens out the under eye area and also lightens visible darkness.
- Turmeric can reduce dark pigmentation under the eyes gradually and also reduce puffiness and wrinkles.
WAYS TO USE TURMERIC TO REDUCE DARK CIRCLES:
- In a bowl, take some organic and pure turmeric powder and add in brewed coffee little by little to make a thick paste. Wash your face and pat dry. Apply the paste under your eyes and let it work for 30 minutes. Rinse it off and apply a good eye cream.
- You can apply turmeric essential oil under and around your eyes before bedtime. Do not use the store bought one, make ne yourself using sweet almond oil because it has skin lightening properties too and this will work better than a store bought turmeric essential oil. Make turmeric paste using fresh turmeric roots and boil it in sweet almond oil. Strain it and store in an amber bottle. Use it before bedtime regularly. You can also use this all over your face as a skin brightening facial oil.