We are all born with flawless skin but develop dark spots, pigmentation and other skin problems as we age due to stress, sun exposure, pollution, lack of skin care, genes etc. Beautiful and glowing skin is something that’s makes us look good and attractive. Indulging in high-end brightening creams, sweet-smelling scrubs, and luxurious moisturizers is draining on your wallet and your medicine cabinet. Also, they contain all toxic chemicals! Nothing can work better than turmeric that is highly recommended by Ayurveda and many swear by it when it comes to skin care.
Below is how you could use turmeric to get rid of pigmentation on skin along with its benefits:
- Turmeric may aid in the lightening of dark spots left by acne scars, aging, and hyper pigmentation.
- Turmeric is a very good agent to lighten your skin tone. It is known to reduce the sun spots and pigmentation marks effectively too.
- Turmeric lightens skin and reduces discoloration.
- Turmeric adds a healthy glow to the skin and helps in reducing pigmentation and tan.
WAYS TO USE TURMERIC TO GET RID OF PIGMENTATION:
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of besan, ½ teaspoon of turmeric and 3 tablespoons of milk. Apply on cleansed face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Moist the dried areas by sprinkling rose water or green tea on it and slowly remove the pack by scrubbing gently in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Make a thick paste of turmeric and honey and smoothen it n cleansed damp skin. Massage it for few minutes and let it stay for 10 minutes. Rinse it off and moisturize.
- In a bowl, make a thick paste using turmeric and potato juice. Apply it only on the dark spots/hyperpigmentation marks and let it work overnight.