While turmeric is notorious for its tendency to stain anything and everything it comes in contact with, there is one thing that it doesn’t stain. Any guesses? Well, interestingly, turmeric doesn’t stain your teeth! On the contrary, it helps remove stain from your teeth and regular use of turmeric toothpaste would help you get pearly white teeth! Turmeric, mixed with coconut oil, is perhaps one of the best recipes for teeth whitening. Check out how you can use this combination forhealthy teeth:
BENEFITS OF USING TURMERIC AND COCONUT OIL FOR DENTAL HEALTH
• Turmeric is effective in treating gum infections and imparts whiteness to teeth.
• Coconut oil helps remove plaque and bacteria.
• Turmeric, together with coconut oil, is effective in preventing cavities and gum disease.
• The combination forms a natural toothpaste and there areno chemicals involved.
DIY TURMERIC AND COCONUT OIL TOOTHPASTE FOR WHITENING YOUR TEETH
Things that you need
• Organic turmeric powder- ½ tsp
• Coconut oil- ¼ tsp
• Mix turmeric powder and coconut oil together.
• Now douse your toothbrush in this mixture and brush your teeth.
• Allow this mixture to remain on your teeth for 5 minutes.
• Rinse thoroughly with water.
• Follow up with your regular toothpaste. Brush properly and wash your mouth.
• You will notice striking difference after the first few applications.
• Adding baking soda to your turmeric-coconut oil toothpaste will increase its efficacy.
• Applying strawberry paste on teeth helps remove yellow stains.
• Adding hydrogen peroxide to your regular toothpaste helps you get whiter teeth.
• Ask your doctor before using turmeric toothpaste if you are pregnant or if you are under medication for gallstones and ulcers.
• Refrain from using turmeric on your teeth on a daily basis as it may weaken tooth enamel. Use turmeric toothpaste twice a week.
• Turmeric tends to stain toothbrush, hence it is a good ideato keep a separate toothbrush for your twice-a-weeksessions with turmeric toothpaste.
• If you experience irritation in gums, don’t use turmeric paste as you might be allergic.