The use of Essential oils for its aromatic benefits and medicine dates back to Ancient Times. References of essential oils for medical, spiritual and beauty benefits can be found in ancient history.
The highly concentrated liquid extracted from the aromatic plants through distillation or other methods is further filtered and added to base oil for various usage.
In this article we focus on the benefits of Essential oils for Hair treatment and how to use them.
- Lavender Oil: A herb found in mediterranean regions. The herb is highly valued for beauty and fragrance. It also comes with several health benefits inclusive of Hair Growth, stress relief, anxiety etc.
- Peppermint Oil : The strong mint odour of this herb have various health benefits. The pleasant cooling effect when applied on scalp gives a soothe feeling to the scalp which helps in promoting hair growth and stress relief. It’s widely used as a massage hair therapy to also promote sleep and relaxation.
- Tea Tree Oil : Extracted from a plant called Melaleuca alternifolia found in Australia, has been in use for over 100 years now. The numerous health benefits of the tea tree oils makes is one of the most popular essential oils across the world. The oil is know to clear the hair follicles and nourish the scalp to promote hair growth.
Head to the link to find out how to make your own chemical free essential oil – https://bestoftips.com/make-chemical-free-essential-oil-diffuser/
How to Use :
- Hair Massage Therapy : Mix few drops of lavender oil in Extra Virgin Coconut oil, apply it on scalp and gently massage. Leave it for 15mins and wash off with a mild shampoo as normal.
- Leave On Serum : In a spray bottle combine 2 tbsp (1fl.oz) of Peppermint Oil with 1/2 cup (4fl.oz) of Aloe Vera Juice. Shake well and spray well on towel-dried hair. Comb and style as desired.
- Shampoo : Add few drops of Tea Tree oil to shampoo or conditioner bottle. Use as directed.
- Hair Mask : Mix 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lavender oil, 1 egg and 1/2 tbsp of honey.