Hormonal changes, unhealthy diet, excessive sweating and wearing tight clothes made of synthetic materials could be some of the most common factors contributing to that ugly patch of back acne (or Bacne) that prevents you from wearing backless blouses. If you want to flaunt a beautiful back, you must do away with back acne in the first place. If you know what’s causing back acne in your case, initiate treating the cause right away, if it is under your control, and at the same time, start incorporating tea tree oil in your regular skin care regime to treat back acne effectively.
BENEFITS OF USING TEA TREE OIL FOR BACK ACNE:
- Terpinen-4-ol contained in tree tea oil helps kill bacteria that cause acne.
- Tea tree oil has antiseptic and antifungal properties that help prevent breakouts and blemishes.
- It helps control oil secretion and dry out existing acne from within.
- It helps repair damaged skin cells as well as marks caused as a result of acne.
WAYS TO USE TEA TREE OIL FOR BACK ACNE:
- DIRECT APPLICATION:
Just before you go to bed, pour 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil on wet cotton pad and apply gently on back acne. Leave it overnight and do it every night to reduce redness and swelling caused by acne. However, refrain from doing this if your skin is very sensitive, go for method 2 instead.
- APPLICATION OF DILUTED TEA TREE OIL:
Dip a washcloth into diluted tea tree oil and apply on back acne. Mix ½ teaspoon tea tree oil with 4 teaspoons water for the purpose. Wash off after 15-20 minutes and apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- OVERNIGHT TREATMENT WITH TEA TREE OIL-ALOE VERA GEL PACK:
Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon aloe vera gel. Apply the mask on affected areas and leave it on overnight. This will help soothe acne inflammation and treat back acne effectively.
- ADDING TEA TREE OIL TO BATH AND BODY CARE PRODUCTS:
Each time you use your shower gel while taking a bath or apply body lotion post showering, add a few drops of tea tree oil to the product. This will help dry out back acne over the course of time.
- Go for loose cotton clothing that will allow your skin to breathe.
- Avoid processed and fried food as much as possible.
- Make sure you have cleaned the affected spot with mild soap and water before you go for any of these treatments.
- Use 100% pure tea tree oil for best results.
- A patch test is recommended.