If you have oily, acne-prone skin, the problem of breakouts tends to cross all boundaries and attain a gigantic stature as soon as it is summer time. With your skin being exposed to the sun and sweat, pollution and heat day in and day out, your face is soon spotted with red patches of acne and pimples. To treat acne, use aloe vera gel-tea tree oil face mask that soothes the skin and prevents break out naturally:
BENEFITS OF TEA TREE OIL AND ALOE VERA GEL FACE MASK FOR ACNE TREATMENT
- Aloe vera gel: It contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce redness and irritation while helping to combat bacterial infections. It acts as a natural astringent that cleans the skin pores of sebum and dirt. Gibberellins and glucomannan contained in aloe vera help improve synthesis of collagen. Rich in Zinc, vitamin E and vitamin C, aloe vera gel is a wonderful stimulant for cell growth. It heals damaged skin.
- Tea tree oil: This pale yellow coloured oil has antimicrobial properties that efficiently combat infections caused by bacteria and fungi. This oil is potent with anti-inflammatory properties that work wonders in treating acne and acne scars. It penetrates deep into the layers of skin and unblocks sebaceous glands, unclogs pores and disinfects them naturally by doing away with grease, dirt and other impurities.
TEA TREE OIL AND ALOE VERA GEL FACE MASK FOR ACNE TREATMENT
Things that you need-
- Tea tree oil: 4-5 drops
- Aloe vera gel: 2 tsp
- In a small bowl, put 2 tsp freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
- Add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil to the gel.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the concoction on cleansed face, focussing mainly on the acne-affected areas.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off using lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
- Use this mask thrice every week to treat acne and prevent further break outs.
- Keep your face clean; use a mild cleanser at least twice daily to remove impurities.
- If skin feels dry, use a ‘non-comedogenic’ moisturiser.