Split ends are a common problem especially if you have dry or coloured hair. Extreme exposure to harsh weather and chemicals as well as the sun strip the moisture content from the hair, leaving it frizzy, harsh, and prone to split ends. Regular trimming can chop off the splits giving your hair a healthy look but treating it from the core can prevent recurrence. Below is how you could use honey to prevent and/or treat split ends along with its benefits:
- Honey has great moisturizing quality. It will also help restore the pH balance of the scalp.
- Honey can help you get thicker hair as it moisturizes and adds body to your hair.
- Honey repairs split ends by providing adequate moisture to the hair and also help keeping it smooth and soft.
- Honey is a great natural conditioner and moisturizer. It contains rich vitamins and minerals, so using it in your hair care routine can leave your tresses shinier, softer, and help in the overall health of the hair for strong, nourished and enriched hair. More: Best honey hair treatments >>
- Honey is a natural humectant, so it takes the moisture from the air and is able to seal it in your hair; this helps prevent and repair split ends.
WAYS TO USE HONEY FOR SPLIT ENDS:
Honey split-end mask: Mix a tablespoon of honey with 2 tbsp of warm olive oil and apply to the ends of the hair. Leave it in your hair for 30mins and rinse off to not only control split ends and frizz but also add shine and softness. More: Natural treatments for split ends >>
Honey mayo hair mask: In a bowl, take 3 tablespoons of egg based mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Increase the quantity according to hair length and thickness. Apply on towel dried hair and let it sit for 30 minutes and shampoo it off.