While the use of milk and milk cream for skincare has been widely recognized, the use of sour cream as a beauty ingredient is gaining popularity slowly and steadily. So, if you want to improve the texture of your skin naturally, why not use this household kitchen product to your advantage? Keep reading to know how sour cream can help you get silky smooth skin!
BENEFITS OF SOUR CREAM FOR SKIN
- Sour cream contains lactic acid that helps exfoliate skin naturally. Skin looks radiant and smooth.
- It helps retain moisture content and stimulate collagen production. Thus it prevents premature aging of skin by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Sour cream is suitable of all types of skin and can be used for treating skin problems like hyper-pigmentation, acne and freckles.
WAYS TO USE SOUR CREAM TO GET SILKY SMOOTH SKIN
The best way to use sour cream to get smooth skin is by combining it with a variety of ingredients and whipping up easy homemade face masks:
- Sour cream and cucumber mask to exfoliate skin: If your skin feels blotchy or irritated, try this natural exfoliating mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of mashed cucumber and a tablespoon of chopped parsley. Apply generously on face and wash off after 15 minutes. Skin feels soothed and looks smoother and clearer.
- Sour Cream and banana mask for dry skin: Does your skin feel dry and dehydrated? Make it soft and hydrated by going for a weekly facial mask by combining 2 tablespoons of sour cream, a tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of mashed banana. Apply liberally on face and neck, wait for 15 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Sour cream and strawberry mask for acne treatment: Skin affected by acne looks bumpy and uneven. Treat acne by adding 2 tablespoons of pureed strawberry and half cup sour cream and then adding a few drops of honey too. Apply on cleansed face and wash off after 30 minutes. Do this treatment thrice a week to treat acne efficiently.
- Sour cream and lemon juice mask for smooth skin: Mix 2 tablespoons of sour cream with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply on face to make your complexion lighter and ensure that your skin looks porcelain smooth!