You can make your dry mascara usable only in a matter of few minutes. Learn how to keep your mascara from drying out with the most easily available ingredient.
BENEFITS OF USING OLIVE OIL TO KEEP MASCARA FROM DRYING OUT
- Olive oil is safe as an ingredient to be used on eyes.
- It is easily available.
- It has vitamins that nourish your lashes.
- It is effective in softening and de-clumping dried mascara.
HOW TO USE OLIVE OIL TO KEEP MASCARA FROM DRYING OUT
Things that you need
- Olive oil
- Dry mascara
- Fill a saucepan with sufficient water and heat it.
- Wait till the water starts boiling.
- Place your tube of dried mascara in the boiling water.
- Allow the tube to remain in the simmering water for a few minutes.
- Take the tube away (preferably using a tong, else you will end up burning your fingers) from the water and check if the mascara has loosened up.
- Add a few drops of olive oil into the tube.
- Now close the wand.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Swirl the wand and apply the mascara on your lashes.
- Make sure your mascara tube is stored in a cool and dark place for longer life.
- After usage, ensure that the mascara tube is closed tightly so that air doesn’t enter the tube and dry out the mascara.
- If you find your mascara dry and clumped, check the expiry date. Refrain from using it if the product has expired.
If you don’t have olive oil available at home, you may use coconut oil as a substitute.