Damaged hair is a common phenomenon these days thanks to factors like pollution, excessive use of heat treatments, using a lot of hair products, lack of hair care etc. Rose water has been used in skin care and hair care for years now and because it is a natural ingredient, it has zero side effects and is completely safe! Also, rose water is super effective when it comes to treating damaged hair and below is how you could use rose water for the same along with its benefits:
- Rose water adds softness and shine to your hair. It makes your hair super smooth that reflects light better.
- It also stimulates hair follicles to speed up hair growth.
- Rose water prevents split ends and keeps your hair in top condition by preventing further damage.
- It balances scalp pH and helps balance sebum secretion preventing your hair from getting overly greasy.
- Rose water helps prevent frizz and moisturizes hair.
WAYS TO USE ROSE WATER TO TREAT DAMAGED HAIR:
Rose water hair rinse- Dilute saturated rose water in 2 cups of water and use it as a last hair rinse every time you wash your hair.
Hair spray- Use saturated rose water (undiluted) as a hair spray after hair wash on towel-dried hair as a leave-in treatment. Massage and let your hair air dry.
In DIYs- Use rose water instead of plain water in hair DIY recipes.
Hair mask- Take a bowl and add in 5 tablespoons aloe vera and 1-2 tablespoons rose water. Also, add in 5 drops of rose essential oil and mix well. Apply this on your scalp and hair and let it work for 2 hours before hair washing.