WAYS TO USE CINNAMON FOR REMOVING BLACKHEADS:
Blackheads are one of the common skin issues that affect most of the people. It can be caused due to stress, hormonal changes, sleeping with makeup, smoking, pollution etc. In order to prevent and maintain blackhead-free skin, one need to steam the face, exfoliate and deep cleanse skin quite often which isn’t always possible. Here is a simple home remedy to remove blackheads.
BENEFITS OF USING CINNAMON:
Cinnamon scrub: Mix 1 Tsp of organic Ceylon cinnamon with 1 Tbsp of honey and 1/4 Tsp baking soda. Apply it over the face and avoid the eye area. Leave it on for 10-15mins and rinse it off.
- The antibacterial properties of cinnamon can help your skin to get rid of pimples and blackheads.
- Cinnamon helps remove top dead skin cells thus revealing blackheads that are under the top layer making removal easy with scrubbing.
- Not only does cinnamon help you get rid of blackheads, but it also reduces the appearance of pores.
- Cinnamon has skin brightening and smoothening properties that make your skin soft and bright.
- It is also a great cleansing agent because it absorbs impurities from the skin.
- It helps to slough off dead skin cells whileÂ anti-inflammatory properties ofÂ cinnamon reduces redness and increases circulation, and de clogs the pores.
- Cinnamon also helps prevent acne that is the main culprit behind open pores leading to blackheads.
Cinnamon face mask:In a bowl, take 2 tablespoons of organic Ceylon cinnamon and mix it up with lemon juice to make a paste. If you have very sensitive skin or have severe acne, use cucumber water instead of lemon juice. Apply this paste on face and let it work for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Do a patch test as the ingredients supplied are highly powerful.
- Excess use of the face mask is not recommended (not more than twice a week).
- Reduce the quantity of cinnamon for sensitive skin.