Greying of hair is often a great concern for people as grey hair make them look much older than they are! The problem can be caused by factors like a genetic predisposition, poor nutrition, hormonal fluctuations, smoking, pollution, stress, use of unsuitable hair products, and certain diseases such as chronic colds, sinusitis, and thyroid disorders. Potatoes and their peels are long known for darkening hair and preventing/treating grey hair thanks to their nutritious nature and grey hair staining properties.
- Effectively stains grey hair
- Promotes healthy hair growth by providing essential nutrients
- Easy to use
- Best out of waste!
Things you need-
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 2-3 drops heena leaves juice (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Take potatoes and peel them. Put the peels in a cup. Take a pan and pour two cups of cold water then add the peels. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for five minutes. Place the pan away from stove and then let it cool. After it completely cools down, strain the liquid out and save it. Add can add few drops of sandalwood oil or citrus oil for aroma and pour the cool mixture into a glass container with tight fitting lid. Use it as a hair rinse after washing your hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with the potato juice for five to ten minutes. Leave it on your scalp at least for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Massaging the scalp with potato juice helps in nourishing the hair follicles. It is loaded with nutrients to promote hair growth.