Having long, thick, and lustrous locks is a cherished desire of many; but thinning hair and hair fall can be a big problem. Common causes of hair loss include nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, stress, use of improper hairstyles, heating tools, chemical-laden hair products, genetics, and various other reasons. Fortunately there are some natural overnight remedies to treat hair thinning and boost hair growth. Here is an effective overnight hair treatment recipe along with benefits:
- Castor oil facilitates hair growth because it is rich in omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E. The thick oil moisturizes your hair, adds volume, prevents frizzing, and also fights scalp infections.
- Essential oils is beneficial for hair growth.
- Fenugreek leaves , or methi, is considered good for hair growth as it is rich in protein. Plus, it contains lecithin that strengthens and moisturizes your hair. You can also use this recipe to make fenugreek seeds hair oil >>
Things you need:
- 3 tablespoons castor oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Fenugreek leaves/seeds (handful leaves or 1 tablespoon seeds)
- Essential oil ( optional)
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them in the morning; or if you are using fenugreek leaves, simply add little water and blend it to make a thick paste.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil and castor oil.
- Add the fenugreek paste.
- Do not filter it, simply put your fingers in the oil and massage your scalp.
- Cover your head with plastic and go to sleep.
- Shampoo it out the next morning.