Oil pulling is a well known ayurvedic practice for cleansing the mouth and whitening teeth. Basically oil pulling is done by swishing oil in mouth for 15-20 minutes to detox the mouth and cleanse it. People usually give up on oil pulling because of less known benefits and some might find it gross. Oil pulling can be done with any oil but coconut oil is the best because of its detoxing properties and it can be combined with turmeric for additional benefits! Here are some ways you can do oil pulling using coconut oil and turmeric:
You need 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Take about 1 tablespoon of this mixture and swish it in and around your mouth after you are done brushing. Do this for 20 minutes and spit the oil in garbage. Do not rebrush.
You need 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, and 2 drops peppermint oil.
Melt coconut oil if it is solid and add turmeric powder, turmeric juice and peppermint oil to it. Combine thoroughly and use it for oil pulling method. Swish it in and around your mouth and do this for 20 minutes after brushing.
You need 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and few drops turmeric oil.
Combine together turmeric powder, turmeric oil and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly and swish it in and around your mouth. Continue doing this for 15-20 minutes and spit it in garbage.
- All natural remedy for healthy and stronger teeth and gums.
- Turmeric can boost oral health greatly by offering support for issues like mouth cancer, plaque, cavities etc.
- Coconut oil detoxes mouth which makes your mouth healthy.
- Turmeric powder as well as coconut oil is well known as a natural remedy for teeth whitening.
- Both the ingredients are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.