A simple perusal of the ingredients list of a tube of commercial toothpaste can yield a laundry list of chemicals, additives, detergents and sweeteners! Here I am with an interesting and easy recipe for natural herbal toothpaste.
Here are its top benefits:
- Easy to make, use and store.
- All natural and herbal ingredients
- Safe for people of all age groups
- Cleanses teeth and gums effectively!
- As this is stored dry and there are no wet ingredients, it does not expire!
Here is a recipe for this natural herbal toothpaste:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoon neem powder or bentonite clay – cleanses and polishes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasalt or baking soda – removes plague
- ¼ teaspoon spirulina – is green, algae-like plant called a cyanobacteria, and it’s one of the highest protein and nutrient sources of food available.
- Few of pure peppermint essential oil for flavour (optional)
- Pure, distilled water or pure coconut oil – ( to make the herbal powder into a paste )
- Simply mix your ingredients together and store in a glass container with a shaker lid. Spice jars work perfectly for this.
- Simply take some in your palm and add few drops water or pure coconut oil to make a thick paste. Dip your toothbrush in it and brush as usual.