Some people are blessed with clear and flawless skin while some are not that fortunate! Acne, scars, white heads, black heads, textured skin etc. can take away that entire natural glow and prevent your skin from looking beautiful. Acne and other skin issues can be tackled but they certainly leave behind nasty scars that can be tough to deal with. If you have been suffering from acne scars, here we come to your rescue with a natural remedy! Tea tree oil is long known for its skin benefits and below is how you could use it for your acne scars along with its benefits:
- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and it has the ability to fight fungus, viruses and bacteria.
- Tea tree soothes and calms the skin and also balances sebum secretion thereby reducing shine and oiliness.
- Tea tree oil unclogs pores and deep cleanses it thus preventing acne and bumps.
- It also has a cooling effect that calms down your skin and treats acne and blemishes and reduces redness and inflammation.
- Tea tree oil is anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory that helps keep your skin clean and clear.
- Tea tree oil heals scars gradually thereby lightening its appearance.
WAYS TO USE TEA TREE OIL TO LIGHTEN SCARS:
Skin toner- In a bowl, add 1 cup filtered water and to it, add few drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of witch hazel. Mix it well and pour in a spray bottle or bottle with a nozzle. Use it as a regular skin toner several times. Also include this in your bedtime routine.
Face mask- Take some aloe vera gel in a bowl (preferably fresh aloe vera gel) and add in few drops of tea tree oil. Apply this onto your face and massage. Let it sit for good 30 minutes and rinse it off. Use the mask every day.
- Always patch test before using any essential oil on your skin.
- Do not use the essential oils directly onto your skin, use it diluted.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your skin care routine.