We are all born with flawless skin but as we age, skin tends to become dull and lifeless if proper care isn’t taken. Factors like pollution, stress, environmental factors, skin type etc. can take a toll on your skin health. It is important to take outmost care of your skin and doing it the natural way is always the best option! Lemons are long known for their skin beneficial properties and below is how you could use lemon water for flawless skin along with its benefits:
- Regularly using lemon water for skin keeps it clean, clear and also improve the texture of your skin.
- The lightening properties in lemon will help to fade acne scars as well as lighten and brighten the skin.
- Lemon water when taken internally cleanses and detox the body from within giving your skin a natural glow.
- Lemon water when used externally (topically) detoxes the skin and pulls out all the impurities from pores thus making your skin healthy.
- Citric acid in lemon Shrinks and tightens pores, treats acne, scars etc.
RECIPE FOR LEMON WATER:
For consumption- In a cup of warm water, simply squeeze in 1 whole lemon and add in a dash of honey. You can also add in ½ teaspoon of concentrated raw and infiltrated apple cider vinegar for additional benefits.
For external use- Simply add a juice of 2 whole lemons to 1 cup of room temperature water and stir.
WAYS TO USE LEMON WATER FOR FLAWLESS SKIN:
Lemon water drink- As explained above, make the lemon water and drink it first thing in the morning. This will balance your intestinal pH and help in stool movement thus cleaning the body off toxins and keeping skin flawless and healthy.
Skin toner- As mentioned above, make lemon water and add in few drops vitamin E oil so that the toner lasts for 4-5 days in fridge. Take a cotton pad and wipe your face with it. Do this several times a day.
Face masks- You can also add lemon water in almost all homemade face masks instead of plain water.