While the use of tea tree oil is widely known in the world of skin care and hair care, it can also be used in a variety of ways for cleaning the house and purifying the surroundings. Tea tree oil is known for its antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral properties which make it one of the best known natural disinfectants. Tea tree oil is quite versatile and absolutely safe when used as a natural disinfectant:
BENEFITS AND USES OF TEA TREE OIL AS A GENERAL DISINFECTANT
- Tea tree oil helps kill germs and there are no harmful chemicals involved.
- It helps purify air around you naturally.
- It functions well as a laundry cleaning add-on and helps sanitize soiled clothes by preventing bacterial and fungal infections.
- Tea tree oil can even be combined with other ingredients like castile soap, baking soda and vinegar to make an effective bathroom scrub that fights mold and bacteria.
- It can be combined with water, witch hazel and eucalyptus oil to make an amazing disinfectant spray for your yoga mat and exercise equipments.
DIY NATURAL DISINFECTANT RECIPES USING TEA TREE OIL
Using tea tree oil as a natural disinfectant can be easy. Check out two simple DIY recipes below:
Recipe 1: Tea Tree Oil And Vinegar All Purpose Cleaner
Things that you need
- Tea tree oil- 10 drops
- Hot water- 250 ml
- Vinegar- 250 ml
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on floor, tiles or kitchen countertops.
- Wipe it clean with cloth.
- However, use it on granite or marble with caution as the vinegar used in this recipe can actually eat the stone away in the long run.
Recipe 2: Tea Tree Oil And Rubbing Alcohol Disinfectant
Things that you need
- Cheap vodka/rubbing alcohol- ¾ cup
- Tea tree oil- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Pour the ingredients into a spray bottle.
- Close the lid and shake well to mix thoroughly.
- Use it as an all-purpose cleaner.
- Rubbing alcohol is to be handled with caution. The mixture shouldn’t come in contact with your eyes and is definitely, not to be consumed.
Tea tree oil is potent as a natural disinfectant and can be toxic if ingested. Keep the oil away from pets and children.