You can’t imagine how a tiny wedge of hardened lava foam can help you get beautiful feet! Indeed, the pumice stone is what we are talking about! Use it persistently and soon, you will start reaping the benefits. Not only will you experience a distinct softening of your feet, but you will also find that the discomfort caused by corns and calluses is relieved to a good extent. Keep reading to know how you can use this block of lightweight solidified lava stone with dents for keeping your feet supple and soft:
HOW TO USE PUMICE STONE FOR SMOOTH FEET
Things you need:
- Pumice stone
- Soap and water
- Baby oil (optional)
- Foot cream
- Fill a tub with lukewarm soapy water.
- Soak your feet for ten minutes.
- If your feet feel dry, add a few drops of baby oil. This will help moisturize your feet during the cleansing procedure.
- Now, dip the pumice stone in the foamy warm water and rub the wet stone with gentle circular motions on the rough patches of your feet for around 3 minutes. Focus on areas with cracks, rough skin, calluses and corns.
- Rinse well and use a soft towel to pat your feet dry.
- Apply a good quality foot cream generously.
- Use pumice stone to exfoliate your feet twice every week. This will keep your feet soft, smooth and supple. You must do it at least once and a maximum of three times every week.
- Use liquid soap that is pH neutral.
- If your feet feel sore, immediately stop rubbing the pumice stone on feet to slough off the dead cells.
- While patting dry, do not rub heavily with the towel because right after using the pumice stone, your feet would feel somewhat sensitive.
- Refrain from using pumice stone on open skin or rashes.
- For extra relaxation, add a few drops of peppermint, sandalwood or lavender essential oil to the water in the tub.
- After use, clean your pumice stone thoroughly with antiseptic product and let it dry to avoid the formation of fungus.