Having mosquitoes around can be irritating as well as dangerous. After all, mosquitoes are actively involved in the transmission of diseases like dengue, malaria and Japanese encephalitis. So, it is important to keep mosquitoes away. While there are different kinds of mosquito repellents available in the market, nothing can be better than having a viable natural way to keep these buggers at bay. Neem oil with its antimicrobial properties and pungent odour is known to repel bugs and insects. So, if you are looking for natural ways to keep mosquitoes away, you can certainly give this golden-coloured oil a try.
BENEFITS OF USING NEEM OIL AS MOSQUITO REPELLENT
- Neem oil contains azadirachtin that ward off mosquitoes
- Azadirachtin deters mosquitoes from laying eggs and hinders the rapid growth
Recipe 1-DIY NEEM OIL MOSQUITO REPELLENT RECIPE
Things That You Need-
- Neem oil- 50 ml
- Coconut oil- 50 ml
- Eucalyptus oil- a few drops
- Mix neem oil, coconut oil and eucalyptus oil together in a glass bowl.
- Apply the mixture on skin as well as on your clothes.
- Reapply every 2 to 3 hours to ward off mosquitoes effectively.
- Mint oil can be used as a substitute of eucalyptus oil.
- If you plan to use this recipe on children, it is always advisable to ask the doctor and refrain from adding essential oil to the recipe.
- Do not mix neem oil with water or rosewater; neem oil tends to lose its effectiveness when diluted in water.
Recipe 2-NEEM OIL-CAMPHOR MOSQUITO REPELLENT
Things that you need-
- Neem oil- one cup
- Camphor- 4 balls
- Refill bottle- 1 (empty)
- Pour neem oil and camphor balls into the refill bottle.
- Close the cap tightly, fix the refill bottle to your mosquito repellent machine and use it.
- It is eco-friendly and safe. It is devoid of the synthetic chemicals contained in store-bought mosquito repellents.
- Purchase fresh and organic neem oil from the market.
- Neem seed kernels can be pressed for obtaining oil at home.