Do you keep tossing and turning all through the night? Are you too stressed out to enjoy a siesta? Make the most of aromatherapy to lure sleep into those eyes wide open. Lavender oil is one of the best essential oils that you can benefit from. Wondering how to use this miracle oil as a natural sleeping aid? Read on!
BENEFITS OF USING LAVENDER OIL FOR SLEEP
- Lavender oil is known for curing insomnia and relieving anxiety.
- It has a pleasant fragrance that calms and rejuvenates your senses.
- Inhaling lavender oil allows the mind to get rid of stress.
- It is easy to use lavender oil to promote a sound sleep at night.
HOW TO USE LAVENDER OIL FOR SLEEP
- FOR A RELAXING HOT BATH: If you love to take a hot bath just before bed time, don’t forget to add a few drops of lavender oil to it. This will make your bath more relaxing. Soak into its goodness to do away with all your worries, and consequently, insomnia as well.
- TOPICAL APPLICATION: Lavender is rather gentle as an essential oil and applying this oil on skin actually helps soothe your senses and induce sleep. Right before you turn the lights off, apply a few drops of diluted lavender oil on forehead, temples or directly below your neck. You will have a peaceful sleep at night. Don’t forget to dilute it with a carrier oil of your choice.
- DRENCH THE PILLOW WITH LAVENDER OIL: Well, in case you are not comfortable applying lavender oil on skin, you may choose to pour a few drops of this hypnotic oil on your pillow and reap the same benefits. Does that make you afraid of the oil tarnishing your favourite pillow covers? Just add 15-20 drops of lavender oil to 50 ml water in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray the solution on your pillow around 10 minutes before you go to bed. While your eyelids get heavy with slumber, you can be sure your pillows are not stained.
- DIFFUSE: Pour some lavender oil in a plug-in diffuser and let the aroma of lavender spread across the length and breadth of your bedroom. Not only does it create a spa-like environment, but it also helps relieve stress and you doze off in no time.
- As for topical application, don’t apply lavender oil around eyes.
- If you start sneezing or you get rashes while using lavender oil, it means you are getting an allergic reaction. In that case, discontinue its use.