Acne is a common problem these days and acne is often accompanied by scars and open pores on the face! Acne may go away, but they can leave behind scars if they are popped or rubbed vigorously. Scars can be tough to get rid off but simple but dedicated home remedies can lighten the scars gradually and help fill them up. Honey is a well-known remedy for acne and scars and below is how you could use honey to reduce the appearance of scars along with its benefits-
- Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that kill acne-causing germs. This prevents acne and possible scars.
- Honey has skin healing properties that gradually fills up deep scars and lightens its appearance.
- Along with being anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, honey also has anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties which make it a great skincare ingredient.
- Not only does honey help lighten scars; it also lightens the skin tone because of its natural skin bleaching properties.
WAYS TO USE HONEY TO FADE SCARS:
- Honey can be used to lighten scars anywhere on the body including face. Grab some raw and organic honey and apply it directly on the scarred area. Massage for 5 minutes and rinse it off. Do this every day without fail for visible results.
- For facial scars, you can add raw and organic honey to every homemade facial mask. To make a simple homemade face mask, simply make a thick paste of rice flour and honey and apply it on your skin avoiding eye and lip area. Let it sit for good 30 minutes and rinse it off.
- Another way is to use a honey toner. Simply dilute raw organic apple cider vinegar using 50% filtered water and add in some honey (1 tablespoon honey for 1 cup of diluted vinegar). Mix well and pour in a spray bottle. Use it as a toner several times a day. Store it in fridge and make a new batch every 4 days.