Oils have been well-known and widely used when it comes to skin care. Be it any skin type, specific oils can do wonders for your skin. Castor Oil has been used since ancient days and has proven results. It is considered both as beauty and health treatment oil. If you are suffering from scarred skin on body or face, castor oil can help lighten it and gradually fill up the scars. Below is how you could use castor oil to heal a scar along with its skin benefits:
- The fatty acids in castor oil will meet the scar tissue and repair it slowly, thereby helping to form the healthy tissues. This lightens the scars to a great extent if used on regular basis.
- Castor oil not only helps heal scars but also helps to lighten stretch marks to a great extent.
- Castor oil is a great skin moisturizer that keeps your skin plump and healthy.
- Using castor oil regularly is known to bring about significant reduction in the appearance of acne, scars, blemishes, dry skin conditions etc. and helps in delaying the manifestation of fine lines and wrinkles.
WAYS TO USE CASTOR OIL TO HEAL SCARS:
- Take some castor oil in a bowl and dilute it with equal quantities of coconut oil. Apply it on the scarred area and massage for 5 minutes. Wipe the excess and sleep with it. Let the oil work overnight. Do this every day before bedtime without fail.
- Take some aloe vera gel in a bowl and add in few teaspoons of castor oil. Mix it well and use it like a mask. Apply it on the scarred area and let it sit for good 1 hour. Wipe it off. Do this every day.