Do you want to grow your hair thicker and stronger? Castor oil is your one-stop solution. This pungent oil is a potent ingredient in many of the time tested hair growth recipes. So, why not use it to your advantage to get a luscious cascade of beautiful hair? Check out how you can use it for getting thicker hair:
BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL FOR GETTING THICKER HAIR
- It is rich in omega 9 fatty acids that nourish the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
- Ricinoleic acid contained in castor oil has antimicrobial properties to combat scalp infections.
- Castor oil contains Vitamin E that prevents loss of your precious strands.
- It provides nourishment to hair roots and conditions your hair, so that there is significant reduction in breakage of hair.
- It is less comedogenic in nature. Hence, it doesn’t clog pores and removes dirt promoting hair growth.
- Massaging your scalp with castor oil promotes blood circulation, which in turn helps grow your hair thicker.
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL FOR THICKER HAIR
Castor oil is very thick and sticky in nature. Either you can apply plain castor oil directly to your hair or you can use it in combination with other ingredients. Check out how to use it for growing your hair thick:
- Apply castor oil directly to scalp: This is one of the easiest ways of using castor oil for hair. Take some oil and rub it on your palms. Scrunch the oil to your hair roots and spread it through the hair shafts. Massage gently for 10 minutes and leave on, at least for 4 hours. Shampoo your hair. Do this treatment twice a week. However, it might be really difficult to get the castor oil off your hair. So, wash thoroughly.
- Apply castor oil and almond oil blend: Castor oil and almond oil mixture is a magic potion for your hair. Mix a tbsp of both the oils and apply this nourishing blend to hair and scalp. Massage well and leave it on for at least one hour. This treatment supplies vitamin E, zinc and magnesium, thereby helping meet mineral deficiencies. Twice a week treatment would stop hair fall, nourish your hair and promote hair re-growth.
- Using curry leaves infused castor oil: When it comes to restoring the health of your hair, there are few things as effective as curry leaves. Combine these leaves rich in beta carotene with castor oil and give your hair a dose of antioxidants. Boil a handful of curry leaves in ½ cup castor oil. Allow it to cool and strain it. Use curry-leaves infused castor oil thrice a week for thicker hair.
- For ensuring maximum absorption, use castor oil on hair that’s slightly wet/damp.
- Avoid using heat or chemical-based shampoo on hair treated with castor oil to make your hair treatment more effective.