Split ends are symptoms of damaged and malnourished hair. When your hair becomes dry and frizzy because it is not getting its share of proteins, vitamins and minerals, you tend to get split ends. Split ends look ugly and if you think they are meant to be chopped off, you are wrong! It is true that you can trim your hair to do away with split ends, but this is only a temporary solution. Split ends are chronic nuisance that will come back with all its glory in no time. So, repair those split ends and prevent them from recurring by supplying your hair with nutrients and the much needed hydration. Try honey as a savior for treating split ends:
BENEFITS OF USING HONEY FOR HAIR
- This sticky sweet substance is rich in antioxidants.
- It seals moisture content in your hair and conditions your hair naturally.
- It supplies your hair with nutrients and nourishes your hair thoroughly.
WAYS TO USE HONEY TO REPAIR SPLIT ENDS
- Honey and yoghurt pack: Mix honey and yoghurt in equal quantities and prepare a smooth mixture. Apply the mixture on hair, focussing especially on the ends. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Honey has natural conditioning properties that hydrate your hair and prevent split ends.
- Honey rinse: All you have to do is mixing 2 tbsp honey in 4 cups lukewarm water and then using the solution as a hair rinse to control dryness and repair split ends.
- Honey and milk mask: Mix 4 tsp honey with 1 tsp coconut milk and 3 tsp milk. Apply the mixture on hair and saturate from roots to the ends. Cover your hair with shower cap and leave it on for 2 hours. Shampoo to remove traces of mask from hair shafts. This treatment is most effective when done twice every week. While honey retains moisture content in your hair, milk helps strengthen hair follicles and supplies nutrients to hair roots. This hair mask is a sure shot remedy for split ends.
- Honey and olive oil treatment: Mix 3 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp honey and this mixture is one of the best known remedies for repairing any sort of damage your hair suffers from, including split ends. Leave the mixture on hair for 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual. Both honey and olive oil act as natural moisturisers that supply nourishment to hair shafts.
- Trim your hair at regular intervals.
- Avoid using heat directly on hair.
- Use wide toothed combs.
- Avoid chemical treatments as much as possible.