Turmeric can be used in many different ways in your beauty routine, it adds glow to your skin, tackles acne, treats dandruff and is a great remedy for hyper-pigmentation. However, turmeric can leave a stubborn stain behind.
When using turmeric as a face mask, mix it with honey, milk or oil to cut down the staining. Use pure, organic turmeric as it doesn’t leave a permanent yellow stain. If you want to be extra careful not to stain your skin then look for kasturi turmeric (curcuma aromatica), which is non-staining and works amazing at clearing acne, fighting wrinkles, removing facial hair growth and adding a radiant glow to the skin . However, it is not edible and should only be used externally. Find more
If you have stained your skin while cooking with turmeric or using it in your beauty routine, then use the following tips to remove the stain:
- Mix water with sugar to make a scrub and use it to scrub your face in gentle circular motion for few mins. This will leave your skin super-clean and stain-free.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and use it as a toner or dip the nails in the solution to get rid of discolored nails.
- Scrub your nails with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice to get rid of the stain.
- Massage few drops of coconut or castor oil on your face and gently wipe the oil using a cotton ball to remove the turmeric stain.
- If the stain is stubborn and won’t come off right away, then don’t worry as the stain is not permanent. Keep washing the area and rubbing it with oil and it will fade away.