Whether it is on account of build-up of dead skin cells, lack of proper lip care or over exposure to sun, dark and discoloured lips may lower your self-confidence. Check out how to lighten dark lips overnight with some of the easiest home remedies and natural recipes:
How To Lighten Dark Lips Overnight With Home Remedies
1.SUGAR HONEY SCRUB FOR LIPS
Benefits Of Sugar Honey Scrub
- Brown sugar is gentle on the tender skin of your lips. It helps protect lips from sun damage and helps detox the skin naturally.
- Honey retains moisture content and keeps your lips hydrated naturally. Honey contains enzymes that help in lightening dark lips naturally.
- This scrub helps exfoliate the lips, improves blood circulation and makes it lighter in colour with regular use.
Things that you need:
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar/white sugar- 1 tbsp
- Mix honey and sugar to make a lip scrub.
- Apply on lips with your forefinger and gently rub with circular motions.
- Scrub for 1 minute and then leave on for some time before you wash it off.
- Use this home remedy 3 times a week for best results.
2.BAKING SODA TREATMENT FOR LIPS
Benefits of baking soda treatment:
- Baking soda helps exfoliate the skin on lips. Scrubbing with baking soda paste helps reveal pink lips by removing dead cells.
- Olive oil is needed for hydration as baking soda tends to make lips dry.
Things that you need:
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Olive oil
- Mix baking soda with water to form a paste.
- Apply the baking soda paste on lips and scrub using the toothbrush for 2 minutes.
- Rinse with water. Pat your lips dry and apply olive oil.
- Go for this treatment every alternate day.
3.LEMON AND ALMOND OIL TREATMENT FOR LIPS
Benefits of lemon and almond oil for lips
- Lemon has natural bleaching properties that help in skin lightening.
- Almond oil that helps even out the tone of lips, also acts as a natural moisturiser to prevent drying of lips.
Things that you need
- Sweet almond oil- 1tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Mix lemon juice and almond oil together and apply the solution on lips.
- Massage your lips and leave it on overnight.
- Do it every night and see how your lips lighten in a month.
- Apply cucumber juice on lips everyday and your will see significant lightening of dark lips within a month.
- Scrub your lips with a slice of beetroot kept in refrigerator for naturally pink lips.
- Use sunscreen to protect lips from sun damage.
- Don’t forget to remove lip makeup before bedtime.