Towels are used day in and
day out and often not dried properly. With every use, towels get dirty and develop a mouldy smell
that is so very distasteful! If you want to get fresh smelling towels naturally, try using vinegar
while washing them:
BENEFITS OF USING VINEGAR WITH
BAKING SODA FOR WASHING TOWELS
- Vinegar, along with baking soda, helps
strip all kinds of detergent and fabric softener residue from towels.
- Vinegar helps
do away with the unpleasant smell that your towel gels with multiple uses.
- Vinegar is
excellent in removing stains too.
- Vinegar even acts as a natural fabric softener
without coating the fabric with chemical oils.
- Vinegar helps make your towels more
absorbent and fluffier.
HOW TO GET FRESH SMELLING TOWELS WITH
Things That You Need:
- Hot water
- White vinegar- 1 cup
- Baking soda- A?
- Pour a cup of vinegar in hot water. No need to
put any fabric softener or detergent.
- Wash your smelly towel in this vinegar
- Next, add baking soda to hot water and wash the towel in it.
your towel in the heat of the sun. Alternately, you may use the hottest setting in your machine to
dry your towel.
- If you find that the towel still doesn’t smell that fresh, repeat
the procedure, only that this time, use two cups of vinegar instead of one and soak the towel in hot
water for a few hours before you start
When you mix vinegar and baking
soda together, there is a chemical reaction and the foam might result in overflowing. That’s
why, refrain from mixing baking soda and vinegar together in the same load while using your washing
- Distilled white vinegar
works best for the purpose.
- The vinegar and baking soda method works great for
swimsuits that were used and then left sopping wet only to develop a gross stink.
you don’t want your white towels to get unwanted stains, be careful with hot water and surely
avoid mixing colours.