Towels are used day in and day out and often not dried properly. With every use, towels get dirty and develop a mouldy smell that is so very distasteful! If you want to get fresh smelling towels naturally, try using vinegar while washing them:
BENEFITS OF USING VINEGAR WITH BAKING SODA FOR WASHING TOWELS
- Vinegar, along with baking soda, helps strip all kinds of detergent and fabric softener residue from towels.
- Vinegar helps do away with the unpleasant smell that your towel gels with multiple uses.
- Vinegar is excellent in removing stains too.
- Vinegar even acts as a natural fabric softener without coating the fabric with chemical oils.
- Vinegar helps make your towels more absorbent and fluffier.
HOW TO GET FRESH SMELLING TOWELS WITH VINEGAR
Things That You Need:
- Hot water
- White vinegar- 1 cup
- Baking soda- ½ cup
- Pour a cup of vinegar in hot water. No need to put any fabric softener or detergent.
- Wash your smelly towel in this vinegar water.
- Next, add baking soda to hot water and wash the towel in it.
- Dry your towel in the heat of the sun. Alternately, you may use the hottest setting in your machine to dry your towel.
- If you find that the towel still doesn’t smell that fresh, repeat the procedure, only that this time, use two cups of vinegar instead of one and soak the towel in hot water for a few hours before you start washing.
When you mix vinegar and baking soda together, there is a chemical reaction and the foam might result in overflowing. That’s why, refrain from mixing baking soda and vinegar together in the same load while using your washing machine.
- Distilled white vinegar works best for the purpose.
- The vinegar and baking soda method works great for swimsuits that were used and then left sopping wet only to develop a gross stink.
- If you don’t want your white towels to get unwanted stains, be careful with hot water and surely avoid mixing colours.