Whether it is on account of poor oral hygiene, throat infection, medications or gut problems, bad breath can be a reason for embarrassment, discomfort as well as lower levels of self confidence. Brushing your teeth and rinsing your mouth thoroughly with mouthwash definitely help. Apart from that, use of apple cider vinegar can help you deal with the problem of foul odour to a good extent. Keep reading to know why vinegar helps and how you can use apple cider vinegar to cure bad breath:
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR CURING BAD BREATH:
- Natural acids like malic acid and acetic acid contained in ACV help eliminate bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Its antiseptic properties help breakdown plaque that fight foul odour.
- ACV promotes digestion of food, thereby treating bad breath caused by gut problem.
- It has trace elements that help make your teeth strong.
How To Cure Bad Breath With Apple Cider Vinegar
RECIPE 1- ACV AND PARSLEY TREATMENT
Things That You Need-
- ACV- 1 cup
- Parsley leaves- a handful
- Soak a few parsley leaves in ACV for 5 minutes.
- Take these leaves out of the cup of ACV and chew them for 2 minutes, thoroughly.
- Either swallow them or spit them away- choice is yours.
- Do this treatment regularly to get rid of bad breath.
- Parsley contains chlorophyll with anti-bacterial properties that help combat bacteria.
- ACV acts as a stimulant that activates parsley’s ability to fight foul odour.
Recipe 2- ACV AND BAKING SODA TREATMENT
Things That You Need-
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Add ¼ tsp baking soda and 1 tsp ACV to a cup of lukewarm water. Stir the mixture.
- Drink it regularly to relieve symptoms of bad breath and unhealthy teeth.
- Mix 1 tbsp baking soda with ½ tsp ACV to make a paste.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth using your toothbrush.
- You may also add this blend to a cup of warm water and gargle with it.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water and use it to brush your teeth.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Then rinse your mouth with ACV.
- Doing this regularly will help prevent bad breath and dental problems.
- Baking soda, along with ACV, helps neutralize acid levels in your mouth and kills the bacteria that causes foul odour.
- Consuming a glass of warm water to which you have added a tbsp ACV helps treat bad breath and stomach problems. This mix can be used for gargling too.
- For best results, use organic, raw, unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV with mother element in it.
- Dinking ACV regularly might deteriorate the enamel on your teeth. Hence, use straw.
- Drinking ACV in the long run might lower bone density and affect insulin levels.
- Ask your doctor before going for ACV treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.