While washing and cleaning is a daily
chore, you can add some amount of excitement to this drudgery by experimenting with DIY cleansers
and concocting new homemade rinse aids, not just because it is fun doing them but also because it
helps you to exercise control over the ingredients that you are using and allows you to steer clear
from toxic chemicals. While you slog to clean your cookware day in and day out, there is no harm
adding some creativity to this grind! How about trying a homemade vinegar-based natural dishwasher
rinse aid? Vinegar, when used as a dishwasher rinse aid, is extremely effective, especially when
combined with other potent components like citric acid, rubbing alcohol and lemon essential
BENEFITS OF USING VINEGAR-BASED NATURAL DISHWASHER
- It acts as a natural cleaning agent and helps dissolve mineral
- Citric acid acts as a natural disinfectant that helps kill mold and
bacteria. It removes lime, hard-water stains, soap scum and calcium deposits.
alcohol is a wonderful solvent.
- Lemon oil acts as a sanitizer and helps do away with
tarnish from metal utensils and cutlery.
HOMEMADE VINEGAR-BASED NATURAL
DISHWASHER RINSE AID
Things that you need-
- White vinegar:
- Citric acid: 2 tbsp
- Rubbing alcohol: A? cup
- Lemon oil:
- Pour all the components in a
- Mix well.
- Pour this solution into the rinse aid compartment
of your dishwasher.
- Refill when empty.
- Undiluted vinegar might cause irritation, hence be careful.
- Store any leftover vinegar dishwasher rinse aid solution in a pint mason jar away from
- Label your pint mason jar properly so that there is no confusion and keep
it away from children.
- For the sake of convenience, you may add a few drops of food
colouring so that you can see it easily through the window of rinse aid compartment.
- If you don’t want to use food colouring, you may blend the vinegar with some turmeric or beet