Turmeric is known for staining things yellow and it has even been used as a dye for cloth. It isn’t the first thing you’d think of for whitening teeth, but it works maazingly well.
Turmeric teeth whitening process is a all natural. Turmeric contains a component called curcumin. This component has antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which relieve dental ailments such as gingivitis and tooth ache. It is also relieves sensitive teeth. Coconut oil is antibacterial, which makes it perfect for fighting bacteria that tends to grow in the mouth. It also reduces inflammation. Coconut oil along with turmeric also works great to keep teeth looking white and sparkly.
How to whiten teeth with turmeric:
Wet your toothbrush and then dip it in some turmeric powder. Brush teeth as normal and rinse off thoroughly.
How to make turmeric toothpaste:
- 1/4 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Dip your toothbrush in the paste and brush teeth as normal, then allow the paste to sit on your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Spit and rinse thoroughly, then follow with a second brushing using your regular toothpaste.
- When the turmeric is fully rinsed away you should notice a brighter, whiter smile.
These two ingredients will not only clean and whiten your teeth in a natural and harmless way, but it will also help your teeth and gums overcome infections and inflammation and tooth decay.