Wish to make your own homemade mouthwash? Try using Apple Cider Vinegar for making an all-natural mouthwash that will help improve your oral health and is easy to prepare:
BENEFITS OF USING HOMEMADE NATURAL APPLE CIDER VINEGAR MOUTHWASH
- Apple cider vinegar has natural acids like malic acid and acetic acid that help destroy bacteria, thereby preventing bad breath and chronic gum infections.
- It has antifungal properties that are effective against candida, a fungus that infects the mucus membranes that leads to a condition known as denture stomatitis.
- It helps remove stains from your teeth.
- Its antiseptic properties aid in breaking down plaque and removing build ups effectively.
- It helps whiten your teeth naturally.
- It is devoid of chemicals, sweeteners and preservatives; so, it doesn’t damage your teeth in the long run.
- Sodium, magnesium, calcium, chlorine, potassium and other elements present in ACV help build strong teeth.
- It is cheap and easy to make as ACV is readily available even in local stores these days.
DIY HOMEMADE NATURAL APPLE CIDER VINEGAR MOUTHWASH
Things that you need:
- Water- 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tablespoons
- Mix apple cider vinegar in water.
- Swish it all around your mouth for about twenty seconds.
- Spit it out.
- Brush your teeth.
- Rinse well.
- If you have leftover mouthwash, store it in glass bottle.
ADD-ONS FOR YOUR APPLE CIDER VINEGAR MOUTHWASH (OPTIONAL)
- A few crushed cloves- Cloves help treat pain in tooth and gums. It also refreshes your mouth.
- Mint leaves- Adding some crushed mint leaves will refresh your breath and whiten your teeth.
- Peppermint- It helps improve oral health and fight bad breath.
- For the mouthwash, use of warm water is preferred.
- For best results, opt for ACV that is organic, raw, unpasteurized and unfiltered.
- You must consult a dentist if regular use of ACV mouthwash is still rendered ineffective in eliminating bad breath and gum problems.
- Use ACV with caution as it has low pH level and is thus acidic in nature. If you overuse ACV, your tooth enamel could be eroded.