Indian homes use a pre-made chai masala powder, with their own list of favorite spices. Not only will the spice mix tea refresh your senses but will also give a strong immunity against common cold, relief from headache and cure cough. Dried ginger, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom, fennel, star anise are typically used to make this masala. These spices ground together in a ratio based on taste preference.
- 100 gms Dried Ginger Powder
- 100 gms Whole Black Pepper
- 25 gms Cinnamon Sticks
- 25 gms Green Cardamom
- 25 gms Cloves
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and cardamon for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Add the ginger powder and grind to make a fine powder. Sieve the powder, so that if there are any big particles they will be separated.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- Use as required.
- To prepare a perfect masala chai tea use this recipe >>
But other spices that can be added to the mix –
- Coriander seeds
- Star anise
- fennel seeds