Ever checked the ingredients in your baby products? We always check ingredients before buying our products so why not baby products? Just because we are sure baby products are mild doesn’t mean that they are safe! There are a lot of DIYs on the internet for us and this time it’s a DIY for your loving baby- DIY baby bottom oil.
Baby’s bottom has a lot to face- frequent wetness, sensitive skin and muscles, frequent wiping etc. this can take a toll on the baby’s immature skin. It is always recommended to use natural products on baby’s skin and here is a natural DIY baby bottom oil:
- Really mild and safe to use
- Easy to make
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Contains all natural ingredients
- Reduces inflammation caused due to frequent wetting
- Since all the ingredients are natural, no side-effects
Things you need-
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup nettle oil
- ¼ cup chamomile infused oil (chamomile steeped in hot coconut oil for 1 day)
- Few drops lavender essential oil
- Few drops
- Half teaspoon beeswax
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Combine the base oils in pan- coconut oil, nettle oil, olive oil and chamomile oil.
- Put the pan on low flame and when the oil gets warm add beeswax
- After the beeswax melts add essential oils and stir
- Put off the flame and let the oil cool
- The beeswax will make the oil a bit thick so stir it and pour into a container.
- Use this oil as and when required.
Caution: If you have sensitive skin and are allergic to any essential oils, there is a chance that your baby too might have acquired sensitive skin. In that case, consult your doctor before using any essential oils on baby’s skin. Also, do not use any essential oil directly on the skin, always dilute it with a carrier oil.