Stretch marks are scars that appear on your skin due to sudden changes in body size. This usually happens during pregnancy, rapid weight gain or loss, and puberty. Although they appear to be on the top layer of our skin, stretch marks are actually in the middle layer. This is what makes them difficult to remove with topical treatment alone. Stretch marks can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable about your appearance. Fortunately, there are several natural ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Here I am with an easy DIY scrub to fade your stretch marks:
- Castor oil works as a humectant, helping your skin retain moisture.
- The ground coffee’s texture is an exfoliant which removes dead cells and loose skin, giving new skin cells an opportunity to receive proper moisture from other moisturizing ingredients. The caffeine in coffee, when directly applied to the skin, stimulates blood flow and circulation. This helps with cell regeneration. The ground coffee’s texture is an exfoliant which removes dead cells and loose skin, giving new skin cells an opportunity to receive proper moisture.
- Sugar exfoliates skin to remove dead cells, and it contains essential fatty acids that moisturize skin and help prevent more stretch marks. It also increases blood flow to the stretch marks.
- Cocoa butter is an emollient which helps to soften and smooth skin. It breaks up scar tissue and prevents new scars from forming.
Things you need:
- 1 Tablespoons castor oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Melt coconut oil on double boiler and add castor oil to it.
- Mix it thoroughly and put off the flame.
- Keep the mixture in freezer for few minutes and start whipping it until you get a whipped-creamy consistency.
- You may add little coconut oil of the cream seems un-spreadable or thick.
- Now add sugar and coffee to it and your scrub is ready!
- Use the scrub while bathing everyday.