Makeup removal is important since it prevents pore clogging and keeping makeup on face for longer or not washing it out properly can cause skin problems like white heads, black heads, acne and what not! Removing makeup especially around the eye area can be tough if you use waterproof makeup and if you have sensitive eye that burn easily with products. DIY or homemade eye make remover is the best option for anyone who frequently do their eye makeup and below is how you could make one along with its benefits:
Castor oil- Castor oil has hair strengthening properties that strengthens lashes and stimulates it growth. It also helps dissolve waterproof makeup.
Almond oil- Almond oil dissolves makeup, strengthens follicles and helps brighten up the eye area.
Coconut oil- Coconut oil has hair and skin nourishing properties. It also dissolves makeup including hard to remove mascara and glittery makeup. It also moisturizes the eye area.
Witch hazel- This is anti-bacterial in nature that prevents itching in the eyes. Also, it helps incorporate all the ingredients together very well.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E oil keeps eye area nourished, moisturized and clean. It also increases the shelf life of product.
RECIPE FOR DIY EYE MAKEUP REMOVER WITH LASH GROWTH PROPERTIES:
Things you need-
- 10 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- Few drops vitamin E oil
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel
- In a bowl or jar, add in 10 tablespoons of water and 4 tablespoons of witch hazel. Mix it well.
- Now, add in all the oils- 1 teaspoon each of almond oil and castor oil and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. If coconut oil is solid, warm it a bit to melt and then add.
- Mix the solution well and add in few drops of vitamin E oil.
- Give the solution a good mix and store it in a jar or tiny bottle. Use it like you would use any eye makeup remover.