Black tea contains ‘tannin’ that helps impart colour. That is why it is beneficial for darkening the hair in a natural way. Whether you use it as a leave-in treatment or as a hair rinse post hair wash, using black tea for hair can be very effective if you want to intensify your hair colour and avoid getting unwanted grey strands here and there. Check out how you can use black tea to darken your hair naturally:
EASY HOMEMADE RECIPES TO DARKEN YOUR HAIR NATURALLY WITH BLACK TEA
RECIPE 1- BLACK TEA NATURAL HAIR DYE
Things That You Need-
- Black tea- 3 bags
- Boiling water- 1 cup
- Dried sage, nettle and rosemary (mixed herbs)- 2 tbsp
- Add black tea bags to the cup of boiling water.
- Add the mixture of herbs to this black tea.
- Let it steep overnight.
- After removing the tea bags, strain the herbs out of the solution.
- Transfer the solution in a spray bottle.
- Shampoo as usual and spray the black tea solution through the length of your hair.
- Do not rinse.
- Repeat this treatment everyday for one week and then, it is to be done twice a week till you achieve desired results.
- Initially it wouldn’t seem to have any effect on your hair but with repeated use, it will darken your hair.
- Sage and rosemary help condition and accentuate grey hair while nettle accentuates dark hair.
- This black tea hair treatment acts as a natural dye.
- This treatment will also allow you to have natural highlights
- It imparts shine to your hair.
RECIPE 2- BLACK TEA AND TULSI TREATMENT
Things That You Need-
- Black tea- 5 tbsp
- Tulsi leaves- 5/6
- Lemon juice- a few drops
- Boil black tea and tulsi leaves together.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to this solution.
- Use it on hair and scalp and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off the next morning.
- This treatment helps regain that intense black hair colour.
- Tulsi helps fight hair loss and scalp problems.
- Lemon juice added to the concoction helps treat scalp infection and dandruff.
RECIPE 3- BLACK TEA HERBAL CONCOCTION
Things that you need-
- Black tea bags- 6 or 7
- Rosemary leaves- 1 tbsp
- Oregano leaves- 1 tbsp
- Boil black tea together with rosemary and oregano leaves.
- Apply this concoction on hair and leave it on hair for two hours at least.
- Rinse off with normal water.
- Apart from lending a light dyeing effect, rosemary leaves also boost hair growth and helps tone the scalp.
- Oregano works great for colour-treated hair.
- If you want to increase black tea’s effectiveness, try mixing it with henna for that extra darkening effect.
- Adding sage leaves to your herbal concoctions will help intensify the darkening effect.
- Using mustard seed oil for your hair and leaving it overnight helps darken your manes naturally.