Have you ever thought of using coffee as a natural hair dye? Well, coffee has been used as a hair dye and treatment for a long time. Natural ground coffee is an excellent natural tool to darken hair. With the help of coffee, dark hair can acquire a beautiful healthy glow and even naturally dye your hair.
Coffee dye won’t be as dark as the commercial hair colours or the colour you get done at a salon, but it can definitely add a beautiful brown hue to the hair and can cover greys. Here’s how to dye hair use coffee:
- Effectively covers grey
- Adds a natural brown colour to the hair
- Softens and conditions hair
- Does not stain hands and forehead like commercial hair dyes
- Cheap and affordable
- Easy and quick to make
- All natural
- Contains no chemicals
Things you need:
- ½ cup conditioner
- 4 tbsp organic instant decaf coffee
- Mix the two ingredients together until the coffee dissolves.
- Put a brown towel around your shoulders, dip your fingers in the “dye” and spread it evenly throughout your hair, starting with the roots.
- Clip your hair on top of your head so you don’t drip the mixture on anything, and leave it on for at least one hour. If you wait longer, it will start to dry and that makes it more difficult to rinse out.
- Rinse, but don’t wash, your hair until the water runs clear.
- Style as you normally would. The first time you do this, you’ll probably want to do it two days in a row especially if you have greys.