If you have spilled some coffee or ketchup on the car seat and wish to clean the upholstery of the stains as well as prevent smell from building up inside the car, you can easily make use of such readily available things like baking soda, vinegar and warm water. Vinegar’s acidity makes it a wonderful cleaner. Baking soda helps absorb odour and it also reacts with vinegar, helping clear stains. Check out how you can use vinegar and baking soda for making your DIY car seat cleaner:
DIY VINEGAR AND BAKING SODA CAR UPHOLSTERY CLEANER
1.Things that you need:
- Baking soda- ¼ cup
- Warm water- 1 cup
Mix water and baking soda together. Keep it aside.
2.Things that you need:
- Vinegar- ¼ cup
- Dish detergent
- Warm water
- Mix a few squirts of detergent with vinegar and warm water.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Shake well and allow the solution to set for five minutes.
Tools that you need:
- Spray bottle
- Clean dry towel
- Stiff-bristled brush
- Apply the mixture of baking soda and water on the stains that are there on the car upholstery (with the help of toothbrush).
- Leave it on for half-an-hour.
- Now use a towel for blotting the stains. Make sure maximum amount of liquid is absorbed.
- Spray the mixture of vinegar, detergent and water on the car seat upholstery. Start with the front seats and work your way to the back seats.
- Work gently into the solution using a brush with stiff bristles. Leave it on for around fifteen minutes.
- Use dry towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Leave the doors and windows of the car ajar to do away with any unwanted smell.
- For getting rid of stubborn vomit stains from your car seat, use club soda as a cleaner.
- Clear ammonia and water together would help brighten upholstery in no time.
- Baby wipes are also effective in doing away with stains.