If you wish to get thicker hair naturally, ditch those expensive serums and hair vitalizers that make huge claims and resort to the use of the good old salt! While there are different types of salt available like the Stone salt, Kosher salt (a kind of regular table salt), Sea salt and Rock salt, the Sea salt is an inexpensive ingredient that is readily available and is known to be extremely effective in revitalizing the hair follicles and promoting hair growth.
BENEFITS OF SALT FOR HAIR AND SCALP
- Sea salt contains minerals like sodium chloride, zinc, sulphur, calcium and magnesium that help improve your hair texture and add volume as well as strength to hair.
- It promotes healthy scalp by stimulating blood circulation.
- Salt is effective in exfoliating the scalp and removing flakes.
- It helps absorb excess sebum and inhibits fungal infections.
DIY SEA SALT HAIR MASK FOR THICKER HAIR
Things That You Need
- Sea salt- 2 tablespoon
- Honey- 1 tablespoon
- Mix the ingredients and ensure that the salt is dissolved completely.
- If the mask turns watery, add more honey to regain the desired consistency.
- Apply this mask on scalp and wear a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with shampoo and water.
This mask helps strengthen hair follicles and improve hair growth
- Just before you go showering, sprinkle a tbsp salt on scalp. Wet your finger tips and give a gentle scalp massage for ten minutes. Rinse hair and shampoo as usual. It’s a wonderful remedy to treat oily scalp and dandruff.
- Add some salt to your hair oil and massage your scalp with it to unblock clogged pores.
- Mix your shampoo with salt in 2:1 ratio and use it on hair and scalp as usual. This is a quick way to exfoliate your scalp, deep cleanse your hair and add volume to your tresses.
- Sea salt has a drying effect and that is why you should use sea salt treatment only once a week for hair and scalp.