Oils are used for skin care these days since they give a direct boost of natural extracts. Oils are of two types- one which are concentrated i.e. natural essential oils directly extracted using various techniques and second in which the extracts are mad by steeping the herb. Direct extracted essential oils should not be used directly on skin as they are concentrated and is best used diluted with carrier oils. Oils made by steeping are the best ones since they can directly be used and can be easily made at home too! Today I am here with an easy DIY for Rose oil.
Before getting on to the recipe, let us have a quick glance at the benefits:
- Rose Oil boosts self-esteem, confidence, and mental strength while efficiently fighting depression.
- Rose oil may calm down a patient of high fever by sedating the inflammation.
- This oil is the most fragrant and luxurious way to treat wounds.
- The astringent property of Rose Oil has many benefits. It strengthens gums and hair roots, while toning and lifting skin, and contracting muscles, intestines and blood vessels.
- It is a good bactericide. It can be used in the treatment of typhoid, diarrhoea, cholera, food poisoning and other diseases which are caused by bacteria.
- There cannot be a laxative with a better scent than this, which is an ironic benefit for a laxative. It can serve as a harmless and effective laxative with a beautiful smell causing no adverse side effects.
Here is a recipe for DIY rose oil:
Things you need-
- Almond oil1 cup
- Dried rose petals ½ cup
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- Separate the petals from the roses and sun dry them. The petals should be completely dry.
- Take the dried rose petals in a glass bottle and pour almond oil on top of it till the rose petals are completely covered.
- Pour jojoba oil over it and close the jar with lid. Give it a very good shake.
- Keep the bottle under the hot sun for few hours and then wait for it to come to room temperature.
- After the oil comes to room temperature, keep the petals steeped in it for 2 weeks at dark place.
- After 2 weeks, filter the oil and store in dark bottle.
- Your rose oil is ready!