Rice water is slowly being recognized as one of the perfect alternatives to store-bought commercial shampoos. The milky white fluid left after boiling or rinsing rice works as a miracle ingredient in the world of hair care. If you wish to make your homemade shampoo to steer clear from the damaging effects of chemicals, choose rice water to make the same:
BENEFITS OF USING RICE WATER FOR HAIR
- Rice water contains amino acids and vitamin B, C and E that promote hair growth and arrest hair fall. It helps strengthen hair roots and makes hair shiny.
- It contains proteins that help repair damage and split ends.
- Rice water helps condition your hair. It tames rough hair and improves the texture.
- Rice water is also effective in treating dandruff.
DIY RICE WATER SHAMPOO FOR SHINY HAIR
Things that you need:
- Rice water- 1 cup (plain or fermented)
- Green tea- ½ cup
- Aloe vera juice- ¼ cup
- Castile soap- 2 tbsp
- Lavender essential oil- a few drops
- Combine all the ingredients in a mug.
- Transfer the mixture in a squeeze bottle.
- Pour the DIY rice water shampoo slowly on wet hair.
- Massage your scalp and hair gently with the mixture.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Store any leftover rice water shampoo in the refrigerator and use it within one week.
- Natural saponins contained in rice water make it effective as a mild cleanser.
- Shikakai tea helps impart dark hair and acts as a natural clarifier.
- Aloe vera juice helps treat hair loss.
- Green tea imparts strength and shine to hair.
- Castile soap acts as a natural foaming agent.
- Lavender oil imparts a pleasant aroma and makes hair shiny.
- You may use baby shampoo instead of castile soap.
- Lavender essential oil can easily be substituted with any aromatic essential oil of your choice like lemon oil, tea tree oil or orange oil.
- If you have blonde hair, use chamomile tea instead of shikakai tea.