If you are tired of breakouts and wish to resort to the use of home remedies to get rid of pimples, try using raw potato on your blemishes for a simple and effective treatment. Potato is perhaps the easiest available ingredient in any Indian kitchen. Using homemade potato face mask is extremely efficient when it comes to treating acne and pimples:
BENEFITS OF USING POTATO FOR SKIN
• Raw potatoes help soothe inflammation.
• It helps treat acne and pimples by doing away with excess sebum.
• Raw potatoes are excellent for natural skin care as they contain minerals like sulphur, phosphorus and potassium
• It contains vitamins and antioxidants that improve skin tone.
DIY POTATO FACE MASK TO GET RID OF ACNE AND PIMPLES
Things That You Need-
• Grated potato (peeled)- 2 tbsp
• Potato juice- 1 tbsp
• Lemon juice-1 tsp
• Rosewater (as required)
• Multani mitti/ Fuller’s earth- 2 tbsp
• Add potato juice and lemon juice to multani mitti and mix well.
• Add some rosewater to soften the paste and make it smooth.
• Add grated potato to the mixture and apply it on face.
• Wait for 20 minutes.
• Wash it off with plenty of cool water.
• Follow up with a non-comedogenic moisturiser.
• Potato has enzymes that act as natural antiseptic. It helps kill bacteria that cause breakouts and promotes clear skin.
• Multani mitti contains magnesium chloride that helps combat breakouts. It controls sebum production and helps unclog skin pores.
• Lemon juice acts as a natural anti-bacterial agent as well as natural astringent that helps do away with excess oil build-up, bacteria and inflammation.
• Rosewater has mild astringent and toning properties.
• This mask is excellent for treating pimples and acne caused as a result of excess sebum secretion and clogged pores.
• Applying raw grated potato pulp on skin is extremely effective. It is a quick way to address the problem of pimples.
• Rub slices of raw potato on pimples and acne so that the juice of potato spreads over the affected area. Leave it on overnight and see how it works wonders.