People of any age can have problems with blackheads on their skin, but most often it is an issue during the teenage and adolescent years. Also referred to as open comedones, blackheads are small yellow or black bumps that form when a clog develops in the opening of hair follicles due to a combination of excess sebum and build-up of dirt and dead skin cells. Removing blackheads can be a pain in the arse! Here is a simple DIY for making your own pore strips to clear blackheads:
- Contains no parabens like the commercial nose strips
- Effectively removes both blackheads and whiteheads
- Cleanses pores and removes dirt
- Easy to make
HOW TO MAKE:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon good quality gelatin
- 1 ½ tablespoon milk/yoghurt/kefir
- Heat on low heat for a few minutes until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool if needed. But not cool enough to gel the gelatin, just cool enough to not burn your skin.
- Apply a thin layer on your face anywhere you want to clean your pores. Use a plastic spoon to spread the mix. You can also use a clean makeup brush.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel the strips off.