Inflammation in the mucus membrane or sinus cavity gives rise to what is commonly referred to as ‘stuffy nose’ accompanied with congestion, pressure in the nose and ears, facial tenderness and even headache. If you leave this chronic sinus pain and congestion unattended, it can lead to sinus infection, which can be quite painful. So apart from visiting your doctor and taking the medicines that your doctor prescribes, try opting for tea remedies and bath remedies that would help ease discomfort and treat sinus effectively. Check out how a simple DIY Peppermint-Eucalyptus Bath Remedy can work wonders:
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS USED IN DIY PEPPERMINT-EUCALYPTUS BATH REMEDY
- Peppermint Oil: Anti-inflammatory properties contained in Peppermint help soothe mucus membranes. Menthol contained in peppermint oil helps provide relief from sinus pain and congestion.
- Eucalyptus oil: Known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, this oil helps reduce the magnitude of cough, relieve sinus congestion, open blocked airways and combat mucus.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt or magnesium sulphate helps reduce pain, inflammation and congestion.
- Baking soda: It helps draw the toxins out of the body and increase the ability of your body to absorb minerals.
DIY PEPPERMINT-EUCALYPTUS BATH REMEDY
Things That You Need:
- Epsom salt- 1 cup
- Baking soda- ½ cup
- Eucalyptus essential oil- 7 or 8 drops
- Peppermint essential oil- 6 or 7 drops
- Pour in all the components in a glass jar with a tight lid.
- Leave it in the jar for a few days. This will enable the essential oils to percolate into the soda and the salt.
- Use a cup of this recipe per bath and you will soon experience relief from sinus congestion.
- Pour it in warm water and soak for at least twenty minutes.
- Drink peppermint tea and inhale peppermint infused steam for instant relief.
- Pour a few drops of peppermint essential oil on a handkerchief and inhale the vapours to relieve sinus congestion.
- Mix eucalyptus oil with jojoba oil and apply on throat and chest as a vapour rub to treat congestion.
- Essential oils should be diluted properly before use.
- Do not use essential oils if you are pregnant.