Blackheads are small yellow or black bumps that form when a clog develops in the opening of hair follicles due to a combination of excess sebum and build-up of dirt and dead skin cells. There are many prescription medicines or chemical based face scrubs for the treatment of blackheads, but you can always try natural treatments. Here I am with a recipe for DIY Blackhead Removing Scrub.
- Baking soda absorbs excess oils, preventing the formation of blackheads. It gently exfoliates dead cells and peeling skin.
- Lemon juice is a natural astringent that is rich in citric acid. It contains antibacterial properties that fight off germs inside skin pores and deep cleans it. Regulates amount of oil production in skin, hence preventing blackhead formation.
- Yogurt softens and nourishes skin. It contains probiotic enzymes that destroy germs on the skin’s surface. Tightens large pores and Deep-cleanse open pores. Softens skin, making it easier for the blackheads to come out.
Here is a recipe for DIY Blackhead Removing Scrub – Things you will need-
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or buttermilk
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Gently scrub the blackheads with the scrub and then apply a thick coat of the mixture onto your face in gentle circular motions, focusing on the blackhead-infected areas.
- After two to three minutes, completely rinse the mask off with either a wash cloth or your hands.
- If your face feels a bit dry and stiff, moisturize with a few drops of olive/coconut oil.