You randomly checked your dishes after they dried and noticed that your dishes haven’t been getting clean in your dishwasher like they used to. There are a number of reasons for that, but in any case, you might need a boost in the dishwasher department. If your dishwasher is constantly begging for more rinse aid, instead of filling it up with expensive name-brand options go green with this easy DIY natural dishwasher rinse aid:
- It costs a whole lot less than the stuff in the stores.
- It’s completely free of all the toxic chemicals.
- Save more money by not having to make a trip to the store when you run out.
- Vinegar is naturally antibacterial, giving your dishes a quick final clean, and it also leaves glasses spot-free and so clear.
HOW TO MAKE:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Lemon or lavender essential oil
- Add 1 cup of vinegar to a measuring cup.
- Add your 10-15 drops of lemon or lavender essential oil to the vinegar mixture.
- Pour into your rinse agent compartment of your dishwasher and you are done
Do this every month- once or twice is enough.
Expert tip: If you have any left over, use it to clean sinks and other spots in the kitchen. Fill-up your sink with some hot soapy water (not very much as you don’t want it diluted a whole lot), maybe about 1″ deep. Then pour your remaining mixture into the sink. Let it soak for a few minutes and then use a rag and shine up your sink, oven, microwave, counter tops, etc.