We usually pay attention to our body, face and hands and use moisturizers and products to keep them soft, moisturized and healthy. We often tend to ignore our feet and seldom take care of them. Dry weathers can make your feet dry, dull and cracked that definitely doesn’t look beautiful. Exfoliating your feet regularly can keep dead skin away and moisturizers or lotions penetrate better! Below is a recipe for a foot scrub that can teat dry cracked heels-
STEP 1- SOAKING:
The acidic property in lemons can be very effective in softening rough skin that leads to cracking.
- Soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes in warm water with lemon juice added to it. Avoid using very hot water, which can cause your feet to dry out more.
- Wash your feet and pat dry with a towel.
STEP 2- EXFOLIATING:
If you have cracked heels, it’s important to take extra care to keep your heels well moisturized. You can do this simply with an Epsom salt or a sea salt foot soak. It will also help improve circulation.
- To make your own foot scrub, combine together 12 cup fine epsom salt and enough coconut oil to make a spreadable paste. Scrub this on your feet for a few minutes and wash off.
- Pat your feet dry and apply some foot cream or petroleum jelly to lock in the moisture
- For best results, put on a pair of socks to prevent the added moisture from evaporating.