Looking for homemade recipes to do away with cellulite? Well, coffee scrubs are known to treat cellulite effectively. Caffeine contained in coffee helps dilate the blood vessels and thus diminish the appearance of skin dimples. Antioxidants promote healthy looking skin. Using coffee grounds for scrubs is an amazing way to exfoliate your skin naturally while treating cellulite. Check out an easy DIY coffee grounds scrub recipe, using easily available items like coffee, coconut oil and brown sugar, to get rid of cellulite:
BENEFITS OF USING DIY COFFEE GROUND SCRUB FOR CELLULITE
- Coffee Grounds– Coffee grounds contain caffeine that has stimulating properties. Caffeine helps make your skin firm and reduces the appearance of cellulite. It helps improve blood circulation. Antioxidants contained in coffee impart smooth and younger looking skin.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar helps exfoliate skin, stimulates the cellulite beneath the skin and fades away scars.
- Coconut Oil– Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce puffiness and thus makes cellulite less visible. Its healing properties treat blemishes, scars, stretch marks and wrinkles.
DIY COFFEE GROUNDS SCRUB RECIPE TO GET RID OF CELLULITE
Things That You Need
- Coffee grounds- ½ cup
- Brown sugar- 5 tbsp
- Coconut oil- 4-5 tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients to make a paste.
- Massage rigorously on skin (focussing especially on the affected areas) for about ten minutes with a firm pressure.
- Wrap yourself smugly (in a plastic wrap) for about 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash off this coffee ground scrub.
- Go for this treatment thrice a week for best results.
- Use organic coffee grounds if possible.
- You may substitute coconut oil with olive oil.
- For extra benefits, you may warm the coffee grounds-coconut oil/olive oil mixture for 10 minutes in microwave. However, make sure it is not too hot or else you would end up burning your skin.
- Adding drops of juniper oil to this anti-cellulite mixture would be beneficial.